Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving?

So what's the point of it all? Someone asked me the other day what the point of Thanksgiving was/is? Honestly I couldn't think of anything. Now that I sit alone in my apartment on Thanksgiving I realize what this day is all about; family. I however have been blessed with an amazing family and a horrible financial situation. I have been told by everyone that I should go down and visit the family but nobody realizes that I live in a constant state of poverty. I can afford to eat now and yet I find that I don't want to. Except on Thanksgiving, I am hungry for family. I was going to head to my sisters house but I woke up to a text which seemed as if she was apologizing for a bad day ahead of time. She told me in her text that her older brother was on drugs and that she was sorry for anything he said or did to me, That was an instant nope.

Well here is my life as I know it now, I am alone most days just waiting for something to happen. On my better days I get to spend my time with a gorgeous girl who I have felt an instant connection with since the moment I saw her. Even if it sounds cliche I believe it was love at first sight.



No comments:

Post a Comment